Microsoft Access 2007 Advanced Training Course Outline
Audience: This course is designed for existing Access 2007 users who need to start automating database tasks or simplify complex database sequences.
We are happy to arrange for a trainer to contact you to help tailor you course.
Course Duration: 1 day.
Course Availability: Monday – Saturday
Course Types: Group bookings, public courses, 1-2-1 sessions, bespoke tailored courses and office migrations.
Course Location: This Microsoft Access 2007 advanced training course can be delivered either at our London training venue or at your offices.
Tailored Course Content: Course content can be customised to meet your specific requirements, with scheduled dates to suit you.
At Course Completion
After completing this course, students will be able to:
- Work in Form design view
- Apply Form controls
- Add Combo, List and Check Boxes to the Form
- Create forms using Mainform – Subform
- Create a Switchboard
- Run Macros
Module 1: Creating Forms
- Working in Form design view
- Applying Form controls
- Date Picker control
- Adding Combo, List and Check Boxes to the Form
- Creating forms using Mainform – Subform
- Split Forms
- Additional Form topics
Module 2: Advanced Reports
- Using the Report Wizard
- Working with Report properties
- Grouping Reports
- Applying calculations in Reports
Module 3: Advanced Query Techniques
- Working with Join properties
- Unmatched data
- Crosstab queries
- Union queries
- Action Queries
- Find duplicates query
- Find unmatched query
Module 4: Importing and Exporting Access Data
- Importing a spreadsheet from Excel
- Linking data tables to an Access database
- Export a table in other formats
Module 5: Using Access Macros
- What is a Macro?
- Creating your first Macro
- Running a macro
- Attaching a macro to a command button
- Running a macro from field properties
- Creating conditional macros
- Using sub macros
Module 6: Creating and Using a Switchboard
- Creating a Switchboard
- Using a Switchboard
Module 7: Customising Access databases
- Database tools and Utilities
- Compacting a database
- Hiding database objects
- Start-up options