MOS Excel 2016 Core Exam 77-727
Microsoft Excel 2016 Core Exam MOS 77-727
Successful candidates for the Excel 2016 77-727 Microsoft Excel Core Training will have a fundamental understanding of the Excel environment and the ability to complete tasks independently.
You will know and demonstrate the correct application of the principle features of Excel, perform tasks such as to create and edit a workbook with multiple sheets, use a graphic element to represent data visually.
Workbook examples will include professional-looking budgets, financial statements, team performance charts, sales invoices, and data-entry logs.
Excel 2016 Exam Format
Certification exams introduce a new performance-based format for improved testing of a candidate’s knowledge, skills and abilities using the exam programs, MOS 77-727 exam task instructions generally do not include the command name as in previous versions.
Function names are avoided, and are replaced with descriptors. This means candidates must understand the purpose and common usage of the program functionality in order to successfully complete the tasks in each of the projects.
You will find that there are multiple projects within all Microsoft exams.
MOS 77-727 Microsoft Excel Core Training – Course Duration & Venue
We are all different depending on your or your groups familiarity with Excel the recommended course duration is between 2-3 days.
Individual and group courses are available which can either be delivered at your office of one of our London venues. Contact us for details
Vouchers and Materials
Have you purchased your MOS exam vouchers for MOS 77-727 Microsoft Excel? our exam vouchers include retake voucher should you miss the pass mark.
Create Worksheets and Workbooks
- Create Workbooks
- Inserting Worksheets
- Import data from a delimited text file
- Add a worksheet to an existing workbook
- Copy and move a worksheet
Navigate in Worksheets and Workbooks
- Search for data within a workbook
- Navigate to a named cell, range, or
- Workbook element
- Insert and remove hyperlinks
Format Worksheets and Workbooks
- Change worksheet tab colour
- Rename a worksheet
- Change worksheet order
- Modify page setup
- Insert and delete columns or rows
- Change workbook themes
- Adjust row height and column width
- Insert headers and footers
Customise Options and Views for Worksheets and Workbooks
- Hide or unhide worksheets
- Display or Hide columns and rows
- Access toolbar
- Modify workbook views
- Change window views
Configure Worksheets and Workbooks for Distribution
- For Distribution
- Set a print area
- Save workbooks in alternative file formats
- Print all or part of a workbook
- Set print scaling
- Display repeating row and column titles
- On multipage worksheets
- Inspect a workbook for hidden properties
- Or personal information
- Inspect a workbook for accessibility and compatibility issues
Insert Data in Cells and Ranges
- Replace data
- Cut, copy, or paste data
- Paste data by using special paste options
- Fill cells by using Auto Fill
- Insert and delete cells
Format Cells and Ranges
- Merge cells
- Modify cell alignment and indentation
- Format cells by using Format Painter
- Wrap text within cells
- Apply number formats, cell formats and styles
Summarise and Organize Data
- Network diagram
- Task Usage
- Resource usage
- Team Planner
Create and Manage Tables
- Create an Excel table from a cell range
- Convert a table to a cell range
- Add or remove table rows and columns
Manage Table Styles and Options
- Apply styles to tables
- Configure table style options
- Insert total rows
Filter and Sort a Table
- Filter records
- Sort data by multiple columns
- Change sort order
- Remove duplicate records
Summarise Data by using Functions
- Insert references
- calculations by the SUM function
- Perform calculations using the MIN and MAX functions
- Calculations containing COUNT and AVERAGE functions
Perform Conditional Operations by using Functions
- Logical operations by using the IF, SUMIF, AVERAGEIF functions
- Statistical operations by using the COUNTIF function
Format and Modify Text by using Functions
- Format text by using RIGHT, LEFT, and MID functions
- UPPER, LOWER, and PROPER functions
- CONCATENATE function
- Create a new chart
- Add additional data series
- Switch between rows and columns in source data
- Analyse data by using Quick Analysis
- Resize charts
- Add and modify chart elements
- Apply chart layouts and styles
- Move charts to a chart sheet
Insert and Format Objects
- Insert text boxes, shapes and images
- Modify object properties
- Add alternative text to objects for accessibility
Key Excel 2016 Topics Covered
Introducing Excel, learn how Excel works, understand how to move within Excel, create a workbook, enter data into a worksheet and work with files.
Constructing Cell Data, learn how to make changes to data in the worksheets, change the structure, and addadd and remove worksheets in the workbook.
Using Formulas, learn about formulas – what they are,how they work, how to inser simple formulas and use built-in functions to create some formulas.
Formatting the worksheet, learn how to use a variety of methods to format cells in a worksheet to emphasize different worksheet areas.
Viewing and Printing Workbooks, learn how to change the views in preparation for printing worksheets, Print and preview worksheets and customise the page setup for printing worksheets.
Working with Charts and Graphics, you will learn to work with charts work with different types of graphics images including shapes and pictures.
Organising Data, you will will look at various methods of organising data to improve your ability to analyze it.
Using Data Tools, you willlearn about a variety of Excel Data to include importing and exporting data between other applications, searching worksheets for a value, using hyperlinks, and making workbooks more accessible.