Access Introduction Training Course
Table of Contents
Access Introduction Overview
Our Access Introduction training course provides a comprehensive introduction to the essential functions and features of Microsoft Access.
This 1 day, hands-on course Microsoft Access Introduction training course helps you gain comprehensive, practical understanding of Access.
In this course, you will use Access to manage your data, including creating a new database; constructing tables; designing forms and reports; and creating queries to join, filter and sort data.
Access Introduction Five Key Topics
- The Access Database Screen
- Working with Access Tables and Forms
- Table relationships
- Extracting data using Select Queries
- Creating and modifying Access Reports
Course Duration : 1 day
Course Availability : Monday – Saturday
Course Types : Group booking, 1-2-1 sessions, Bespoke & Public Courses
Training Times : Our courses run run from 09:30 to16:30, course registration 09:00 – 09:30, refreshments available throughout the day. A buffet lunch is available – please discuss with the team.
Facilities : A relaxed environment, air conditioned training rooms, note pads, pens and unlimited access to our online course materials.
Access Introduction Training Course Details
Course Location : Face to face group / public & onsite training available. Virtual training courses available.
Class Size : As a guide we recommend class sizes to be no more than eight.
Virtual / Online training Format : Teams or Zoom.
Tailored Course Content : Our Introduction Access courses can be tailored to your requirements – Get In Touch
Tailored Courses : We offer a free consultancy service to help tailor the course to meet your requirements.
Centre and Services
Comfortable & modern facilities
Unlimited access to our online training manuals
Courses delivered by Certified Trainers
Microsoft & CPD courses available
Michael, one of our lead Access trainers, has over 25 years of delivering Access at all levels levels.
All our trainers are encouraged to become Microsoft Accredited within their first year of working at Mouse Training.
Our instructors are very approachable, making the driest subject matter fun.
On Completion of Microsoft Access Introduction
- Understand the role of Microsoft Access objects
- Plan a relational database
- Create fields and tables
- Create forms from scratch or using the Form Wizard
- Understand Select queries
- Create calculated fields
- Produce Reports
Microsoft Access Introduction Training Course – Outline
- What is a Microsoft Access Table?
- What is a Microsoft Access Query?
- What is a Microsoft Access Form?
- What is a Microsoft Access Report?
- What is Tell me what you want to do?
- Starting Microsoft Access
- Exploring Backstage View
- Using the Access Ribbon
- Opening an existing Microsoft Access database
- Navigating Microsoft Access
- Quitting Microsoft Access
- Launch Access from a modern template
- Opening an existing Microsoft Access table
- Adding, editing and deleting records
- Finding specific records
- Sorting and filtering the data
- Hiding and unhiding columns
- Printing the table
- Freezing columns
- Moving columns
- Creating tables
- Using Quick Start fields
- Setting field properties
- Setting the primary key
- Defining relationships
- Setting referential integrity
- Creating lookups
- Creating calculated fields
- Creating a form with the Form Wizard
- Editing a form
- Opening a form
- Adding, editing and deleting records
- Find and replace records
- Filtering data in a form
- Select queries explained
- Creating select queries
- Working with query views
- Adding and deleting fields
- Sorting records in the Design View
- Using query criteria
- Adding calculated fields
- Summarising data
- Creating a report using the Report Wizard
- Using Design View to modify a report
- Previewing a report
- Printing the report
Is this Introduction Access Course for You?
Give us a call, our admin team will be delighted to assist in making sure you are on the correct course.