Writing Analytical SQL Queries for SQL Server - Intermediate Training Course
Table of Contents
Our Writing Analytical SQL Queries for SQL Server Intermediate training course is designed for users who have attended either the Mouse Training one day Developing SQL Server Queries with SQL Server Management Studio or the Writing SQL Queries for SQL Server course. This course is specifically designed for users of SQL Server but can easily be structured for other Relational Database Management Systems.
Five Key Topics
- Aggregating and Grouping data
- Common Table Expressions
- CASE statements
- Using the OVER and PARTITION BY clauses
- Analysing SQL Query performance
Training Course Details
Course Duration : 1 day
Course Availability : Monday – Saturday
Course Types : Group booking, 1-2-1 sessions, Bespoke & Public Courses
Training Times : Our courses run run from 09:30 to16:30, course registration 09:00 – 09:30, refreshments available throughout the day. A buffet lunch is available – please discuss with the team.
Facilities : A relaxed environment, air conditioned training rooms, note pads, pens and unlimited access to our online course materials.
Writing Analytical SQL Queries for SQL Server Intermediate Training Course Details
Course Location : Face to face group / public & onsite training available. Virtual training courses available.
Class Size : As a guide we recommend class sizes to be no more than eight.
Virtual / Online training Format : Teams or Zoom.
Tailored Course Content : Our Writing Analytical SQL Queries for SQL Server Intermediate courses can be tailored to your requirements – Get In Touch
Tailored Courses : We offer a free consultancy service to help tailor the course to meet your requirements.
Centre and Services
Comfortable & modern facilities
Unlimited access to our online training manuals
Courses delivered by Certified Trainers
Microsoft and CPD courses available
Steve, one of our SQL trainers, has over 25 years of delivering SQL as well as Microsoft Office Suite to advanced levels.
All our trainers are encouraged to become Microsoft Accredited within their first year of working at Mouse Training.
Our instructors are very approachable, making the driest subject matter fun.
On Completion of Writing Analytical SQL Queries for SQL Server Intermediate
- Understand the fundamentals of SQL
- Utilise all aspects of the SELECT Statement
- Build multiple single table SELECT Statements
- Understand the use of column and table aliases
- Building aggregated data
- Grouping aggregated data
- Utilising Common Table Expressions
- Making decisions with CASE
- Building Crosstab Reports with CASE
- Building Crosstab Reports with PIVOT
- Implementing Windowing functions
- Partitioning Data
- Ranking data
- Analysing Query Perfomance
Writing Analytical SQL Queries for SQL Server Intermediate Course Outline
- Overview of SQL Server Management Studio
- The example database
- Review of the SELECT Statement
- Utilising aggregates
- MIN and MAX
- Removing duplicates with DISTINCT
- How NULL affects your results
- GROUP BY
- Understanding CTEs
- Building CTEs
- The CASE statement
- Crosstabs with CASE
- Crosstabs with PIVOT
- Windowing Functions
- Window Partitions
- Using the OVER clause to create sliding windows
- Sliding window with Partitioning
- Ranking Functions
- Execution Plans
- Capturing SQL Statements with SQL Profiler
- Using the Database Engine and Tuning Advisor
Is this Writing SQL Queries for SQL Server Course for You?
Give us a call, our admin team will be delighted to assist in making sure you are on the correct course.