Developing SQL Server Queries with SQL Server Management Studio
Table of Contents
Our Developing SQL Server Queries with SQL Server Management course is designed for new users who need to understand the basics for extracting data from SQL Server Databases. This includes an overview of the capabilities of SQL Server Management Studio (SSMS), creating single table and multiple table queries and discussing the different join types and how those joins will affect the data that is being extracted. You will also learn inserting, updating and deleting data and how to aggregate data.
Five Key Topics
- Understanding the SELECT statement
- Understanding the different types of Joins
- Adding records with the INSERT statement
- Changing records with an UPDATE statement
- Removing records with the DELETE statement
Training Course Details
Course Duration : 1 day
Course Availability : Monday – Saturday
Course Types : Group booking, 1-2-1 sessions, Bespoke & Public Courses
Training Times : Our courses run run from 09:30 to16:30, course registration 09:00 – 09:30, refreshments available throughout the day. A buffet lunch is available – please discuss with the team.
Facilities : A relaxed environment, air conditioned training rooms, note pads, pens and unlimited access to our online course materials.
Developing SQL Server Queries with SQL Server Management Studio Course Details
Course Location : Face to face group / public & onsite training available. Virtual training courses available.
Class Size : As a guide we recommend class sizes to be no more than eight.
Virtual / Online training Format : Teams or Zoom.
Tailored Course Content : Our Developing SQL Server Queries with SQL Server Management Studio courses can be tailored to your requirements – Get In Touch
Tailored Courses : We offer a free consultancy service to help tailor the course to meet your requirements.
Centre and Services
Comfortable & modern facilities
Unlimited access to our online training manuals
Courses delivered by Certified Trainers
Microsoft and CPD courses available
Steve, one of our SQL trainers, has over 25 years of delivering SQL as well as Microsoft Office Suite to advanced levels.
All our trainers are encouraged to become Microsoft Accredited within their first year of working at Mouse Training.
Our instructors are very approachable, making the driest subject matter fun.
On Completion of Developing SQL Server Queries with SQL Server Management Studio
- Understand database fundamentals
- Build and examine a database diagramme/schema
- Differentiate between Primary and Foreign keys
- Create databases using SSMS and SQL
- Extract Data using the SSMS graphical tools and SQL
- Fully understand the SELECT statement syntax
- Use all constituent parts of the SELECT statement
- Join to other tables to extract normalised data
- Implement INNER and OUTER joins
- Understand Self Joins and Cross Joins
- Add new records with the INSERT statement
- Alter existing data with the UPDATE statement
- Remove existing records with the DELETE statement
Developing SQL Server Queries with SQL Server Management Studio Course Outline
- The role of SQL
- Database fundamentals
- The example database
- Becoming familiar with SSMS
- Understand the SELECT statement
- Sorting the results with ORDER BY
- Filtering the results with WHERE
- Using SSMS to extract data
- Selecting data with the INNER JOIN
- Extracting data with OUTER JOIN
- Understand how NULL affects your data
- Visualise a Self Join
- Discuss the Cross Join
- Create new records with the INSERT statement
- Modify existing data with the UPDATE clause
- Remove existing rows with DELETE
- Utilising aggregates
- MIN and MAX
- Removing duplicates with DISTINCT
- How NULL affects your results
- GROUP BY
- Correlated vs Noncorrelated sub queries
- Sub queries in the FROM clause
- Sub queries in the column list
Is this Developing SQL Server Queries with SQL Server Management Studio Course for You?
Give us a call, our admin team will be delighted to assist in making sure you are on the correct course.