SharePoint Power Users Training Course
Table of Contents
SharePoint Power Users Course Overview
Our SharePoint Power Users training course is designed for power users who serve as SharePoint Site Owners or Site Collection Administrators. The course gives Power Users confidence in identifying the functional differences of different features, routing documents using workflows, and building site hierarchies.
SharePoint Power Users Five Key Topics
- Managing Sites and Site Collections
- Setting security for Users and Groups
- Managing Content Approval and Versioning
- Creating and managing Sharepoint Workflows
- Creating Pages and Web Part Pages
Training Course Details
Course Duration : 1 day
Course Availability : Monday – Saturday
Course Types : Group booking, 1-2-1 sessions, Bespoke & Public Courses
Training Times : Our courses run run from 09:30 to16:30, course registration 09:00 – 09:30, refreshments available throughout the day. A buffet lunch is available – please discuss with the team.
Facilities : A relaxed environment, air conditioned training rooms, note pads, pens and unlimited access to our online course materials.
SharePoint for Power Users Course Details
Course Location : Face to face group / public & onsite training available. Virtual training courses available.
Class Size : As a guide we recommend class sizes to be no more than eight.
Virtual / Online training Format : Teams or Zoom.
Tailored Course Content : Our SharePoint Power Users course can be tailored to your requirements – Get In Touch
Tailored Courses : We offer a free consultancy service to help tailor the course to meet your requirements.
Centre and Services
Comfortable & modern facilities
Unlimited access to our online training manuals
Courses delivered by Certified Trainers
Microsoft and CPD courses available
Michael, one of our lead Sharepoint Power Users trainers, has over 25 years of delivering Microsoft Applications at all levels levels.
All our trainers are encouraged to become Microsoft Accredited within their first year of working at Mouse Training.
Our instructors are very approachable, making the driest subject matter fun.
On Completion of SharePoint Power Users
- Manage Sites and Site Collections
- Add users and groups and manage site, list, folder and item security
- Add and configure web parts
- Configure site options including theme, title, description and icon
- Configure site navigation
- View site activity reports
- Customise lists and libraries
- Work with Site Columns and Site Content Types
- Check out/in, Content Approval and Versioning
- Create and modify pages & web part pages
SharePoint Power Users Course Course Outline
- What is SharePoint?
- Team Collaboration
- Document Management
- Social Features
- SharePoint Administrative Roles
- Site Owner
- Site Collection Administrator
- SharePoint Security Best Practices
- Users and Groups
- Adding Users and Groups
- Adding Site Collection Administrators
- Permissions and Permission Levels
- Creating Custom Permission Levels
- Configuring List and Library Permissions
- Working with Audiences and Content Filtering
- Managing User Alerts
- What is a Feature?
- Activating and Deactivating Features
- Commonly Used Features
- Creating Subsites
- Site Templates
- Site Lifecycle and Site Deletion
- Configuring the Look and Feel of a Site
- Configuring Navigation Options
- Language Settings
- Adding and Managing Pages
- Working with Web Part Pages
- Frequently Used Web Parts
- SharePoint Lists and List Features
- Document Librari
- Libraries or Lists with Attachments?
- Adding Columns to Lists and Libraries
- Column and Item Validation
- Enterprise Metadata and Keywords Settings
- Creating List and Library Views
- Working with Office Web Apps
- Organising Content Using Folders and Metadata
- Picture, Asset and Other Libraries
- Working with the Recycle Bin
- Configuring RSS Feeds
- Configuring Incoming Email
- About Tags and Notes and Ratings
- Information Management Policy Settings
- Auditing List and Document Activity
- Working with Site Columns and Content Types
- Built-in Content Types
- Managing Business Content Using Content Types
- Using Document Sets
- Using the Content Organiser
- An Overview of Records Management
- SharePoint Workflows
- Out of the Box Workflow Demo
- Usage Reports
- Search Reports
- What is an App?
- Working with Built-in Apps
- The SharePoint App Store
- The Corporate App Store
- Request an App
- Building online communities using SharePoint
- Discussion and Moderation
- Rating discussions and earning points
Is this SharePoint Power Users Course for You?
Give us a call, our admin team will be delighted to assist in making sure you are on the correct course.