Excel Advanced Training Course
Table of Contents
Excel Advanced Course Overview
Our Microsoft Excel Advanced training course is aimed at experienced Excel users wishing to further their Excel skills. Majoring on Pivot Tables and recorded macros we explore many of Excel’s other great productivity features like auditing, protecting and linking workbooks and What-If analysis.
Delegates will leave feeling a new confidence in their Excel experience and ready to take on new challenges using their data.
Five Excel Advanced Key Topics
- Use the formula auditing tools to troubleshoot errors
- Summarise data using Pivot tables and Pivot Charts
- Importing & exporting data into Excel
- Linking workbooks and worksheets
- Working with Excel Macros
Excel Advanced Course Details
Course Duration : 1 day
Course Availability : Monday – Saturday
Course Types : Group booking, 1-2-1 sessions, Bespoke & Public Courses
Training Times : Our courses run run from 09:30 to16:30, course registration 09:00 – 09:30, refreshments available throughout the day. A buffet lunch is available – please discuss with the team.
Facilities : A relaxed environment, air conditioned training rooms, note pads, pens and unlimited access to our online course materials.
Excel Advanced Training Course Details
Course Location : Face to face group / public & onsite training available. Virtual training courses available.
Class Size : As a guide we recommend class sizes to be no more than eight.
Virtual / Online training Format : Teams or Zoom.
Tailored Course Content : Our advanced Excel courses can be tailored to your requirements – Get In Touch
Tailored Courses : We offer a free consultancy service to help tailor the course to meet your requirements.
Centre and Services
Comfortable & modern facilities
Unlimited access to our online training manuals
Courses delivered by Certified Trainers
Microsoft & CPD courses available
Steve, one of our lead Excel trainers, has over 25 years of delivering Excel from basics to development levels. All our trainers are encouraged to become Microsoft Accredited within their first year of working at Mouse Training.
Our instructors are very approachable, making the driest subject matter fun.
Advanced Excel Course Video
On Completion of Excel Advanced
- Audit a worksheet
- Link worksheets and workbooks
- Perform What if Analysis
- Protect and Outline Excel documents
- Collaborate with other Excel users
- Import and Export Data
- Filter and summarise worksheet data
- Analyse worksheet data with Pivot Tables
- Record macros
Excel Advanced Course Outline
- Tracing precedents and dependents
- Tracing errors in the worksheet
- Error checking
- Watch window
- Setting up related worksheets in a workbook
- Entering a formula to link related worksheets and workbooks
- Creating a workspace
- Consolidate worksheets and workbooks
- Goal seek
- 1 way and 2 way Data Tables
- Scenario Manager
- Protecting worksheets and workbooks
- Grouping and outlining a worksheet
- Create a shared workbook
- Tracking changes in a shared workbook
- Responding to proposed changes and comments in a shared workbook
- Working with version History
- Importing data from a text or web based file
- Working with other applications such as Access
- Get and Transform
- Use the Quick Analysis tool
- Autofilter and Advanced Filter
- Adding a criteria range with Advanced Filter
- Database functions
- Using Subtotals and nested Subtotals
- One click forecasting
- 3D Maps
- Ink Equations
- What is a Pivot Table?
- Best practice on setting up Pivot Tables
- Creating a Pivot Table
- Resetting the summary function in a Pivot Table report
- Grouping Pivot Table data
- Search in the Pivot Table
- Formatting a Pivot Table
- Charting a Pivot Table
- Printing the Pivot Table
- Normalising Pivot Table data sources
- Convert Ranges to Tables
- Using other Microsoft data sources with Pivot Tables
- Using Slicers and TimeLines to filter Pivot Table data
- Power Pivot
- Macro guidelines
- Macro security settings
- Recording and deleting macros
- Running macros
- Assign a macro to the QAT, ribbon or shortcut keys
- Recording relative and absolute cell selection
Is this Advanced Excel Course for You?
An understanding of Excel functions and database tools is advantageous for this advanced Excel course
Give us a call, our admin team will be delighted to assist in making sure you are on the correct course level.