Excel Introduction Training Courses
Excel Introduction Training Course Overview
Our Excel Introduction training course is ideal for complete novices or those who have basic knowledge of Microsoft Excel. Taking this course will provide you with the skills you need to work quickly and produce functional and well-formatted spreadsheets.
Delegates will leave feeling confident about creating professional worksheets with Excel and be able to navigate the interface intuitively and enhance their productively.
Excel Introduction Five Key Topics
- Creating new spreadsheets
- Modifying existing Workbooks
- Formatting text and numbers
- Perform Excel calculations
- Present data visually using Excel Charts
Excel Introduction Course Details
Course Duration : 1 day
Course Availability : Monday – Saturday
Course Types : Group booking, 1-2-1 sessions, Bespoke & Public Courses
Training Times : Our courses run run from 09:30 to16:30, course registration 09:00 – 09:30, refreshments available throughout the day. A buffet lunch is available – please discuss with the team.
Facilities : A relaxed environment, air conditioned training rooms, note pads, pens and unlimited access to our online course materials.
Excel Introduction Training Course Details
Course Location : Face to face group / public & onsite training available. Virtual training courses available.
Class Size : As a guide we recommend class sizes to be no more than eight.
Virtual / Online training Format : Teams or Zoom.
Tailored Course Content : Our Introduction to Excel courses can be tailored to your requirements – Get In Touch
Tailored Courses : We offer a free consultancy service to help tailor the course to meet your requirements.
Centre and Services
Comfortable & modern facilities
Unlimited access to out online training manuals
Courses delivered by Certified Trainers
Microsoft & CPD courses available
Steve, one of our lead Excel trainers, has over 25 years of delivering Excel from basics to development levels. All our trainers are encouraged to become Microsoft Accredited within their first year of working at Mouse Training.
Our instructors are very approachable, making the driest subject matter fun.
Introduction Excel Course Video
On Completion of Excel Introduction
Excel Introduction Course Outline
- Setting up a Microsoft account
- Connect to OneDrive or Business Drive
- Connect to your Office 365 account
- Tell me what you want to do
- Starting and exiting from Excel
- Using the Excel ribbon
- Customise the ribbon
- Displaying Help information
- Changing the file type and converting to PDF
- Using and creating Custom Lists
- Using Excel sample templates
- Creating and opening workbooks
- Adding data to a worksheet
- Selecting ranges of cells
- Entering worksheet data
- Saving a workbook
- Using the Excel Date Picker
- Using the Spell Checker
- Adjusting column widths
- Inserting and deleting a range of cells
- Copy, move and delete cell entries
- Find and Replace specific entries in a worksheet
- Inserting and renaming sheet tabs
- Changing the font style, size and colour
- Adding alignment options, wrap text, orientation and merge cells
- Applying borders and patterns
- Adjusting row height and column widths
- Changing the number format of cell entries
- Using Styles for consistent formatting
- Conditional formatting
- Creating basic formulas
- Brackets and the order of calculation
- Excel functions
- The SUM, AVERAGE, MAX, MIN, COUNT and COUNTA functions
- Using the AutoSum tool
- Entering formulas using Insert Function
- Copying formulas with AutoFill
- Absolute and relative references
- Previewing a worksheet
- Changing the Page setup of a worksheet
- Setting the print area
- Printing certain rows or columns on each page
- Printing selected worksheet entries
- Plotting a chart
- Use Recommended Charts
- Previewing and printing a chart
- Adding new data to an existing chart
- Including multiple data ranges in a chart
- Uses of the different chart types
- Creating Sparklines
- Create Funnel Charts and 2D maps
- Splitting the workbook window into panes by freezing panes
- Hiding rows and columns
- Changing the zoom level for a worksheet
- Sorting and filtering worksheet data
Is this introduction Course for You?
Don’t panic, you do not need any previous experience of Microsoft Excel to attend this course.
Give us a call, our admin team will be delighted to assist in making sure you are on the correct course level.