Excel Intermediate Training Course
Table of Contents
Excel Intermediate Course Overview
Our Microsoft Excel Intermediate training course is designed for users with some experience working with Excel who want to broaden their knowledge. The course focuses on unleashing the power of Excel formulas and functions to manipulate worksheet data and includes a brief guide to summarising data with filters, subtotals and tables.
Delegates will leave feeling confident in their use of Excel and ready to take on new challenges with their data.
Excel Intermediate Five Key Topics
- Using Range Names in formulas and navigating spreadsheets
- Absolute and Relative addressing
- Create calculations based on conditions
- Summarise data using Subtotals
- Restricting data entry using Validation rules
Excel Intermediate Course Details
Course Duration : 1 day
Course Availability : Monday – Saturday
Course Types : Group booking, 1-2-1 sessions, Bespoke & Public Courses
Training Times : Our courses run run from 09:30 to16:30, course registration 09:00 – 09:30, refreshments available throughout the day. A buffet lunch is available – please discuss with the team.
Facilities : A relaxed environment, air conditioned training rooms, note pads, pens and unlimited access to our online course materials.
Excel Intermediate Training Course Details
Course Location : Face to face group / public & onsite training available. Virtual training courses available.
Class Size : As a guide we recommend class sizes to be no more than eight.
Virtual / Online training Format : Teams or Zoom.
Tailored Course Content : Our Intermediate to Excel courses can be tailored to your requirements – Get In Touch
Tailored Courses : We offer a free consultancy service to help tailor the course to meet your requirements.
Centre and Services
Comfortable & modern facilities
Unlimited access to our online training manuals
Courses delivered by Certified Trainers
Microsoft & CPD courses available
Steve, one of our lead Excel trainers, has over 25 years of delivering Excel from basics to development levels. All our trainers are encouraged to become Microsoft Accredited within their first year of working at Mouse Training
Our instructors are very approachable, making the driest subject matter fun.
Intermediate Excel Course Video
On Completion of Excel Intermediate
- Use Excel formulas confidently
- Manipulate data with text functions
- Use Logical and Lookup functions
- Link Worksheets
- Analyse Worksheet Data
- Protect Excel documents
- Save time formatting worksheets
- Restrict data entry using rules and drop down lists
Excel Intermediate Course Outline
- Entering and copying formulas quickly and easily
- Using Absolute references in formulas
- Date calculations
- TODAY, NOW and NETWORKDAY functions
- Using named ranges in formulas
- Concatenation; joining data together
- Fixing formula results using Paste as Values
- Splitting data using Text to Columns
- Changing case using UPPER, LOWER and PROPER
- Extracting data using LEFT, RIGHT and MID
- Dealing with space characters using LEN and TRIM
- Using FlashFill to manipulate data
- Aggregate data using the COUNTIFS and SUMIFS functions
- IFERROR and IFNA functions for correcting error values
- Using the IF, IFS and SWITCH functions for decision making
- AND, OR, XOR and NOT functions
- VLOOKUP and HLOOKUP functions
- Moving the cell pointer from one worksheet to another
- Copying data from one worksheet to another
- Entering formulas to link related worksheets
- Linking Excel workbook files
- Formatting multiple worksheets in one operation
- Moving and copying worksheets
- What is a Table?
- Tables or Ranges?
- Sorting ranges and tables
- Filtering lists and tables using AutoFilter
- Adding Subtotals and nested Subtotals
- Creating a Pivot Table report
- Changing the summary function in a Pivot Table report
- Use Spreadsheet Compare
- 3D Maps
- Locking and Unlocking cells
- Worksheet protection
- Workbook protection
- Excel Styles
- Modify Normal Style to format all the worksheet cells
- Create custom number and date formats
- Excel workbook template files
- Creating and using Templates
- Restricting data entry for ranges using validation rules
- Setting the input message and error alert
- Creating drop down lists
Is this Intermediate Excel Course for You?
Attendance of either our Excel basics or a good working knowledge of navigating Excel workbooks, formatting and functions.
Give us a call, our admin team will be delighted to assist in making sure you are on the correct course level.