Excel for T Level Data Technician Training Course
Excel for T Level Data Technician Course Overview
Our Excel for T Level Data Technician course is ideal for those studying for their T Level Technical Qualification in Digital Business Services with Data Technician as the occupational specialism component.
The course covers the following Performance Outcomes:
- Source, organise and format data securely in a relevant way for analysis.
- Blend data from multiple sources.
- Analyse structured and unstructured data to support business outcomes.
Excel Data Technician Five Key Topics
- Manipulate data using Excel Power Query
- Blend data from multiple sources
- Understanding Table relationships
- Calculations for data analysis
- Using standard statistical methods
Excel Data Technician Course Details
Course Duration : 1 or 2 days. Depending on your existing knowledge of Excel.
Course Availability : Monday – Saturday
Course Types : Group booking, 1-2-1 sessions, Bespoke & Public Courses
Training Times : Our courses run run from 09:30 to16:30, course registration 09:00 – 09:30. Refreshments available throughout the day. A buffet lunch is available – please discuss with the team.
Facilities : A relaxed environment, air conditioned training rooms, note pads, pens and unlimited access to our online course materials.
Course Location : Face to face group / public & onsite training available. Virtual training courses available.
Class Size : As a guide we recommend class sizes to be no more than eight.
Virtual / Online training Format : Teams or Zoom.
Tailored Course Content : Our Excel for T Level Data Technician course can be tailored to your requirements – Get In Touch
Tailored Courses : We offer a free consultancy service to help tailor the course to meet your requirements.
Centre and Services
Comfortable & modern facilities
Unlimited access to our online training manuals
Courses delivered by Certified Trainers
Microsoft & CPD courses available
T Levels videos
The Next Level Qualification
What Employers Say
On Completion of Excel Data Technician
Excel Data Technician Course Outline
- Data validation to set Excel input data type
- Converting ranges to tables
- Data cleansing, Remove Duplicates
- Extracting a filtered dataset using Advanced Filter
- Creating a Data Model from Excel tables and external data sources
- Setting the data type for a column in Power Query
- Append queries
- File append
- Folder append
- Merge queries
- Setting the join type
- Fuzzy matching options
- Expanding a structured column
- Filtering and Transforming data
- Unpivoting source data
- Creating calculated columns
- Refreshing links to the source data
- Creating Table Relationships
- Types of relationship
- Cross filters
- Bridge tables
- Pivot Tables
- Data source: worksheet or data model?
- Excel Pivot table or Power Pivot OLAP engine?
- Creating Pivot table reports
- Single or multiple table data source?
- Dealing with related tables
- Types of Pivot table calculations
- Summarize By
- Show Data As
- Calculated Fields
- DAX formulas
- Cube formulas
- Using Slicers and TimeLines to filter Pivot Table data
- Conditional formatting icons, data bars and colour scales to create graphical KPI’s
- Calculating standard deviation, correlation and regression
- Interpreting the results of the calculations
- Standard error?
- Is there a correlation?
- Can we see a trend?
- Calculating weighted and moving averages
- Showing Regression and Moving Averages etc. graphically on a chart
- Using Goal Seek and Solver to validate the results of forecasts
Is this Course for You?
You need some previous experience of Microsoft Excel to benefit from attending the Excel for T Level Data Technician course.
Give us a call, our admin team will be delighted to assist in making sure you are on the correct course level.