Microsoft Excel Functions Training Course Outline
Audience: Excel functions are the backbone of most Excel worksheets but with nearly 500 worksheet functions in Excel how can you possibly learn them all? The answer is to learn the important ones. The Excel functions course is devised to give you a broad skill set covering the primary categories of Excel functions.
Course Duration: 1 day
Course Availability: Monday – Saturday
Course Types: Group bookings, public courses, 1-2-1 sessions, bespoke tailored courses and office migrations.
Course Location: This Microsoft Excel Functions training course can be delivered either at our London training venue or at your offices.
Tailored Course Content: Course content can be customised to meet your specific requirements, with scheduled dates to suit you.
At Course Completion
After completing this course, students will be able to use:
- Text formulas and functions such as TRIM
- Aggregation functions such as SUMIFS
- Decision making functions such as IF and IFERROR
- Date and Time such as TODAY and NETWORKDAYS
- Lookup and Reference functions such as VLOOKUP
- Magnitude functions such as MAX, LARGE and RANK
- Information functions such as CELL and ISNA
Module 1: Text formulas and functions
- Concatenation operator or CONCATENATE function?
- Extraction; LEFT, RIGHT, MID
- Manipulation: LEN, TRIM, FIND, SEARCH, REPLACE, SUBSTITUTE
- Conversion: TEXT, VALUE, UPPER, LOWER, PROPER
Module 2: Aggregation functions
- SUMIFS, COUNTIFS, AVERAGEIFS
- Database functions: DSUM, DCOUNT, DCOUNTA, DAVERAGE
Module 3: Decision making functions
- IF, AND, OR, NOT
- Constructing and evaluating nested IFs
- IFERROR, IFNA
Module 4: Date and Time
- NOW, TODAY
Module 5: Lookup and Reference functions
- VLOOKUP and HLOOKUP
- COLUMN and ROW
- Intersection formulas
Module 6: Magnitude
- MAX and MIN
- LARGE and SMALL
Module 7: Information
- ISERR, ISERROR, ISNA
- ISBLANK, ISNUMBER