Microsoft 365 Power Apps Training Course
Table of Contents
Power Apps Course Overview
Our Microsoft 365 Power Apps training course shows you how to build business apps in hours, not months! Power Apps is a low code development tool which anyone can use to rapidly develop integrated visual apps for their workflows, process automation and reporting, across a range of platforms and devices.
No prior programming or software development knowledge is required. If you know your business process, then you can create an app to reduce paperwork and increase process efficiency. Are you still moving information around using paper? You need Power Apps!
The scope of using Power Apps is huge as it integrates with Microsoft applications such as SQL Server, SharePoint, OneDrive as well as third-party applications like Dropbox, Google Docs, SAP and Oracle.
Additionally, it comes built-in with Common Data Service, the enterprise-grade datastore on which Microsoft Dynamics 365 applications are natively built on, thus eliminating the need for further data integration.
Power Apps Five Key Topics
- Less Code, More Power
- Create the best user experience
- Develop Apps for Web, Mobile and Tablet
- Understand Canvas Apps and Model-Driven Apps
- Integrate PowerApps with Microsoft 365 systems
Course Duration: 2 days
Course Availability: Monday – Saturday
Course Types: Group booking, 1-2-1 sessions, online, Bespoke & Public Courses
Course Availability: Monday – Saturday
Microsoft 365 Power Apps Training Course Details
Course Location: Our Microsoft Power Apps training course can be delivered classroom style or online.
Tailored Course Content: Course content can be customised to meet your specific requirements, with scheduled dates to suit you.
Tailored Courses: We offer a free consultancy service to help tailor your course to meet your requirements.
Centre and Services
Comfortable and modern facilities
Unlimited access to our online training manuals
Courses delivered by Certified Trainers
Microsoft and CPD courses available
At Course Completion
- Understand when to use PowerApps
- Create PowerApps from existing data sources
- Brand PowerApps
- Customise PowerApps beyond the automated wizards
- Connect to a range of data sources from Excel to Azure SQL
- Understand the difference between canvas apps and model-driven apps
- Integrate PowerApps with other Office 365 systems
- Administer and Maintain PowerApps
- What is Microsoft PowerApps?
- The benefits of apps
- How to get PowerApps
- Canvas Apps and Model-Driven Apps
- License Options and Costs
- Discover PowerApps with Templates
- Building a new app from a data source
- Build an app using wizards
- Add, edit and remove controls
- Introduction to Formulas
- Testing an app
- App Settings
- Publish and Share Apps
- Version History
- Restore a previous version of an app
- PowerApps Mobile App
- Customise apps backgrounds with images and colour
- Add images and logos to an app
- Use times to show and hide controls
- Align and size controls
- Develop an optimal data entry experience
- Text Controls for Data Entry and Display
- Controls – Drop downs, combo box, date picker, radio button etc.
- Forms – Add and edit data in underlying data sources
- Charts – present information in pie, line and bar charts
- Edit control properties
- Use formulas to have multiple controls interact with each other
- Data Storage and Services
- Connect to different data sources, including cloud and on-premises
- Deciding which database to use
- Which data sources can work with large amount of data?
- Display data using controls
- What is a model-driven app?
- Where will my data be stored?
- How do create a model-driven app
- Canvas vs Model-driven. The Pros and Cons.
- Connect to other business systems to read and update information
- Embed PowerApps in Teams
- Embed PowerApps in SharePoint Online
- Reuse an app in another location
- Move from testing or development to production
- Identify which users have been using PowerApps
- Review app usage, discover usage trends
- Prevent a user from using PowerApps
- Manage environments to ensure data segregation and security