Microsoft Power BI Advanced Training Course
Table of Contents
Our two-day Microsoft Power BI Advanced training course is aimed at business or financial analysts, data scientists and staff who already use Power BI and need to explore its features in more depth. Learn about the Data Model, its structure and function and how best to share it. Work with more advanced DAX functions, use complex Queries for data load and bookmarks and buttons for visualisations.
Combined with App Workspaces and Dataflows, you will see how to create data analysis systems that can be deployed throughout your organisation to provide real data insights and Business Intelligence.
Power BI Advanced Five Key Topics
- Advanced data modelling to solve data design issues.
- DAX to create complex calculations.
- Visualisation tools for smooth page navigation and stunning visuals.
- Secure your reports using apps, workspace access and dynamic RLS.
- Set up Gateway and automated data refresh.
Training Course Details
Course Duration : 2 days
Course Availability : Monday – Saturday
Course Types : Group booking, 1-2-1 sessions, Bespoke & Public Courses
Training Times : Our courses run from 09:30 to 16:30, course registration 09:00 to 09:30, refreshments available throughout the day. A buffet lunch is available – please discuss with the team.
Facilities : A relaxed environment, air conditioned training rooms, note pads, pens and unlimited access to our online course materials.
Power BI Training Course Details
Course Location : Face to face group/public and onsite training available. Virtual training courses available.
Class Size : As a guide we recommend class sizes to be no more than eight.
Virtual / Online training Format : Teams or Zoom.
Tailored Course Content : Our Power BI course can be tailored to your requirements – Get In Touch
Tailored Courses : We offer a free consultancy service to help tailor the course to meet your requirements.
Centre and Services
Comfortable and modern facilities
Unlimited access to our online training manuals
Courses delivered by Certified Trainers
Microsoft and CPD courses available
On completion of Microsoft Power BI Advanced
- Working with Data Models in Power BI
- Advanced Queries
- Creating DAX Measures
- DAX Time Intelligence calculations
- Advanced Visuals
- Row Level Security
- Power BI App Workspaces
- Power BI Dataflows
- Data Refresh
- Power BI Governance
- Importing a variety of data sources into Power BI Desktop
- Working with Model layouts
- Understanding the Data Model
- Creating Many-to-One relationships
- Many-to-Many relationships
- Creating and using Bridge Tables
- Understanding the importance of Star Schemas
- Exploring Outer Joins, inactive relationships and bi-directional filtering
- Creating Certified or Promoted Datasets
- Using Merge and Append queries
- Using the Fuzzy merge options
- Folder appends
- Using Unpivot, Transpose and Pivot transformations
- Conditional columns
- The M formula language
- Adding Columns using a Custom Function
- Creating Query Parameters
- Managing and editing Parameters
- Using a List as input for Parameters
- Understanding Disable Load
- Controlling summarisation in implicit Measures
- Creating explicit Measures
- Use Variables in calculation
- Working with basic DAX functions: DISTINCTCOUNT, COUNTROWS etc.
- DAX iterator functions SUMX, COUNTX etc.
- Understand the use of the CALCULATE function
- Filter Functions: ALL, ALLEXCEPT, FILTER
- Table Functions: DISTINCT, VALUES
- Understanding Filter Context and Filter propagation
- The USERELATIONSHIP function for inactive relationships
- Time Intelligence prerequisites
- Creating a date dimension table
- Time intelligence functions: MTD, QTD, YTD, SamePeriodLastYear
- YTD, MTD with CALCULATE
- Rolling totals for different periods
- Working with conditional formatting
- Using DAX in conditional formatting
- Selection Pane
- Using Focus Mode
- Creating and editing Bookmarks
- Using interactive buttons
- Types of Slicers and Filters
- Dynamic Tooltips in visualisations
- Custom Page Sizing and Tooltip page
- Creating Drill-Through Reports
- Using Custom Themes
- Building Reports using Q&A
- The Key Influencers Visual
- What RLS does
- Creating basic Row Level Security
- Dynamic Row Level Security based on User Login
- Generating App Workspaces
- Linking Workspaces with OneDrive
- Sharing and managing Workspaces
- Creating Apps from Workspaces
- Sharing and managing Apps
- What is a DataFlow?
- Generating and using DataFlows
- Maintaining DataFlows
- Manually refreshing data
- When and why to use a Gateway
- Creating, scheduling and managing automatic refreshing
- Refreshing restrictions
- Power BI administration
- Security restrictions in governance
- Statistics and audit
Is this Power BI Advanced Course for You?
Give us a call, our admin team will be delighted to assist in making sure you are on the correct course.