Microsoft Excel Pivot Tables Training Course Outline
Audience: For basic Excel users who need an overview of the power of Pivot Tables. Excel Pivot Tables give you the power to analyse raw data stored in worksheets with ease. If you only know how to do aggregate calculations with functions like SUMIF then you are missing out on a major element of Excel.
Course Duration: Half day module to be combined with any other half day module in the Microsoft Office suite.
Course Availability: Monday – Saturday
Course Types: Group bookings, public courses, 1-2-1 sessions, bespoke tailored courses and office migrations.
Course Location: This Microsoft Excel Pivot Table training course can be delivered either at our London training venue or at your offices.
At Course Completion
After completing this course, students will be able to:
- Create Pivot Tables
- Perform Pivot Table calculations
- Present Pivot Table Data
- Deal with Pivot Table Source data
Module 1: Creating Pivot Tables
- Guidelines for creating source data, ranges or tables?
- Creating a simple Pivot Table
- Rearranging fields
- Show details
- Refreshing Pivot Tables
- Changing the source data
Module 2: Pivot Table calculations
- Changing the Summary Function for a value field
- Grouping data; Numbers, Dates and Times
- Inserting Calculated Fields
- Show Values As
- GetPivotData function
Module 3: Presenting Pivot Table Data
- Formatting Pivot Tables
- Sorting and Filtering
- Show Items with no data
- Generating reports with Filter Pages
- Pivot Charts
- Using Slicers
Module 4: Pivot Table Source data
- Refreshing Pivot Tables automatically using a macro
- Changing the source data automatically using a formula or a macro
- Using external data sources