Excel Pivot Tables Training Course
Table of Contents
Excel Pivot Tables Training Course Overview
Our Excel Pivot Tables training course is recommenced for all Excel users who need an overview of the power of Pivot Tables.
Pivot Tables are one of Excel’s most popular and powerful features and give you the ability to analyse and report on raw data with ease.
Excel Pivot Tables Five Key Topics
- Pivot Table source data
- The various types of Pivot Table calculations
- Filtering and sorting data
- Slicers and Timelines
- Using Conditional Formatting on Pivot Tables
Course Duration : 1 day
Course Availability : Monday – Saturday
Course Types : Group booking, 1-2-1 sessions, Bespoke & Public Courses
Training Times : Our courses run run from 09:30 to16:30, course registration 09:00 – 09:30, refreshments available throughout the day. A buffet lunch is available – please discuss with the team.
Facilities : A relaxed environment, air conditioned training rooms, note pads, pens and unlimited access to our online course materials.
Excel Pivot Tables Course Details
Course Location : Face to face group / public & onsite training available. Virtual training courses available.
Class Size : As a guide we recommend class sizes to be no more than eight.
Excel Pivot `TableVirtual / Online training Format : Teams or Zoom.
Tailored Course Content : Our PowerPoint courses can be tailored to your requirements – Get In Touch
Tailored Courses : We offer a free consultancy service to help tailor the course to meet your requirements.
Centre and Services
Comfortable & modern facilities
Unlimited access to our online training manuals
Courses delivered by Certified Trainers
Microsoft & CPD courses available
Steve, one of our lead Excel trainers, has over 25 years of delivering Excel from basics to development levels. All our trainers are encouraged to become Microsoft Accredited within their first year of working at Mouse Training.
Our instructors are very approachable, making the driest subject matter fun.
On Completion of Excel Pivot Tables
Excel Pivot Tables Course Outline
- Guidelines for creating source data: ranges or tables?
- Creating a simple Pivot Table
- Rearranging fields
- Show Details
- Refreshing Pivot Tables
- Changing the source data
- Connection to External data sources
- Unpivoting the source data
- Changing the Summary Function for a value field
- Adding Fields to Values Area
- Multiple Subtotal calculations
- Grouping data; Numbers, Dates and Times
- Adding Calculated Fields and Items
- Show Values As to calculate percentages and comparatives
- Distinct Count calculations
- Dealing with GETPIVOTDATA
- Formatting Pivot Tables with Styles
- Formatting the numbers
- Sorting A-Z, Z-A, manual and custom sorts
- Multiple Field Filters
- Label and Value Filters
- Top 10 Filter
- Dealing with blank cells
- Show Items with no data
- Replace error values
- Generating reports with Show Report Filter Pages
- Changing the Report layout
- Adding blank rows and displaying totals
- Repeat All Items
- Adding a Slicer and a Timeline
- Connect Slicers to multiple Pivot tables
- Create a Pivot Chart
- Add Data Bars, Icons and Colour Scales
Is this Pivot Table Course for You?
Give us a call, our admin team will be delighted to assist in making sure you are on the correct course level.