Swithching From PC to Apple Mac – El Capitan
Audience: This course is ideal if you have or are thinking about switching to an Apple Mac. Over the past few years more and more people have been switching from a PC to Apple Mac.
An Apple Mac is very intuitive, but there are differences, some are obvious like the Recycle Bin and the Trash, others are not. Don’t be like the rest and muddle your way though. With our Switching from PC to Apple Mac course you hit the ground running, as Apple like to say “It’s Awesome“.
On an Apple Mac you can have the best of both worlds, not only can you run all the Apple applications but most PC applications can be run seamlessly on an Apple Mac as well.
Course Duration: 1 day(1)
Course Types: Group bookings, public courses , 1-2-1 sessions, bespoke tailored courses and Saturday club.
Course Location:This Switching from PC to Apple Mac El Capitan training course is delivered at our training centre in London situated close to Liverpool street station; training can also be delivered at your offices. Tailored course content can be customised to meet your specific requirements, with scheduled dates to suit you.
MOS Excel Specialist / Expert Exam Costs ( optional )
All Vouchers now include a Retake VoucherOption 1 - Voucher & Retake
Option 2 - Voucher, Retake and Gmetrix ( Test Prep )
Option 3 - Exam Pack includes - Voucher, Retake, Gmetrix and Exam study manual
Discount 4 for 3 on MOS Exam Packs
After completing this course, students will be able to:
- Use the Mac keyboard and mouse
- Understand the Mac Interface
- Work with Files and Folders on the Mac
- Search files and folders
- Work with Applications on the Mac
- Move to your new Mac
- Set Mac System Preferences
- Work with Peripherals
- Macs online
- Use VM ware (PC software)
- Use Boot Camp, Mission control, FaceTime and iChat
Module 1: Frequently Asked Questions
- What is a Mac?
- What came first? Mac or PC
- What Mac is best for me?
- iMac, MacBook Pro, Mac Mini all explained
- What's the cost?
- Applecare explained
- Will all my existing files and programs still work?
- Can Windows run on a Mac?
- Can a Mac and PC run side by side?
- Do I have to replace all my existing printers and monitors?
Module 2: Welcome to your new Mac
- What's in the box?
- Starting your new Mac
- New terminology
Module 3: Navigating the Mac
- Basics of the Mac keyboard
- Using the Mac mouse
- Modifying the mouse controls (right click and gestures)
Module 4: Exploring the Mac Interface
- Getting to grips with the desktop
- Working with the Apple menus
- Task bar vs. the Apple dock
- Creating dock shortcuts
- What are widgets?
- System tasks
- Controlling Mac windows
- Working with internal and external disks
- System preferences vs Windows control panel
Module 5: Working with Files and Folders on the Mac
- Previewing files using Quick Look
- Creating, moving and deleting folders
- Alias vs. Shortcuts
- Get Info vs. Properties
- Trash vs Recycle bin
- Managing the Trash
Module 6: Searching files and folders
- Searching for files from the Finder toolbar
- Search specific locations
- Searching for hidden items
- Finding files with Spotlight
Module 7: Working with Applications on the Mac
- Opening applications
- Adding applications to the dock
- Opening multiple applications
- Working with Launchpad
- Dealing with save and open dialogs
- Creating custom widgets using web clips
- Terminating a frozen application
Module 8: Moving to your new Mac
- Installing and uninstalling applications
- Setting up user accounts
- Using the guest account
- Working with passwords
- Setting up Mac Mail accounts
- Transferring mail and address books
- Transferring and managing files
Module 9: Mac System Preferences
- Customising the appearance
- Adjusting sound options
- Date and Time settings
- Adjusting Spotlight preferences
- Energy saving options
Module 10: Working with Peripherals
- Installing and configuring a printer
- Writing files to disk and creating a burn folder
- Working with scanners and other digital devices
Module 11: Macs online
- Connecting to a network
- Networking basics
- Opening Safari
- Top sites, Reading list and Bookmarks
- RSS feeds Explained
Module 12: VM ware
- Why use VM ware?
- Parallels explained
- Installing Parallels
- Configuring Parallels
- Installing Windows clients
- Running Windows Office with Mac apps side by side
Module 13: Additional topics
- Boot Camp
- VLC media player
- Mission control
Call us now for further information Tel:08001601666
Access training london delivering all your training needs
We offer a state of the art training venue in the heart of London, with a variety of dedicated training and conference rooms. We can also provide training at client sites.
At our training venue, every student is provided a 23” Touch screen monitor. All rooms have ceiling mounted projectors and facilitators’ computers. We also have a dedicated Apple training room.
For onsite courses in the London Postcode area, we can supply up to ten laptops to support training courses if required .
On completion of our courses students will be given unlimited access to our online materials.