Visio Advanced Training Course
Table of Contents
Microsoft Visio Advanced Overview
Our Microsoft Visio Advanced training course has been designed for existing users of Visio who want to increase their knowledge and productivity with the application.
Delegates will learn how to create custom elements and a custom template, represent external data as a drawing and share work with others.
Visio Five Key Topics
- Visio layers
- Creating custom shapes and stencils
- Visio templates
- Connecting a Visio drawing to external data
- Understanding the Shape Sheet
Training Course Details
Course Duration : 1 day
Course Availability : Monday – Saturday
Course Types : Group booking, 1-2-1 sessions, Bespoke & Public Courses
Training Times : Our courses run run from 09:30 to16:30, course registration 09:00 – 09:30, refreshments available throughout the day. A buffet lunch is available – please discuss with the team.
Facilities : A relaxed environment, air conditioned training rooms, note pads, pens and unlimited access to our online course materials.
Visio Advanced Training Course Details
Course Location : Face to face group / public & onsite training available. Virtual training courses available.
Class Size : As a guide we recommend class sizes to be no more than eight.
Virtual / Online training Format : Teams or Zoom.
Tailored Course Content : Our Advanced Visio courses can be tailored to your requirements – Get In Touch
Tailored Courses : We offer a free consultancy service to help tailor the course to meet your requirements.
Centre and Services
Comfortable & modern facilities
Unlimited access to our online training manuals
Courses delivered by Certified Trainers
Microsoft & CPD courses available
Jane, one of our lead Visio trainers, has many years of delivering Visio at all levels levels.
All our trainers are encouraged to become Microsoft Accredited within their first year of working at Mouse Training.
Our instructors are very approachable, making the driest subject matter fun.
On Completion of Visio Advanced Training Course
- Enhance the look of drawings
- Create shapes, stencils and templates
- Connect drawings to external data
- Work with shape design
- Development tools
- Share drawings
- Working with other applications
- One-Step data connectivity with Excel
- File formats
- Information Rights Management (IRM)
Microsoft Visio Training Course Outline
- Create a Microsoft Account and Sign in to Visio
- Work with Shape Styles
- Apply Backgrounds, Borders and Titles
- Define Shape Styles
- Working with multiple background Pages
- Using Layers Efficiently
- Create Simple Custom Shapes
- Create Custom Stencils
- Create Custom Templates
- Make an Organisation Chart from an Excel Spreadsheet
- Generate a Pivot Diagram from an Excel Spreadsheet
- Create a Gantt chart from a Project File
- Create a Timeline from a Project File
- Connect a Map to an Access Database
- What is the shape sheet?
- Control shapes using the Shape Sheet
- Shape Behaviour
- Shape Protection
- Build Advanced Shapes
- Use 3D shapes
- Record Macros
- Add User Control Buttons
- Save and Share Drawings with OneDrive
- Review Drawings
- Insert Drawings into Other Office Files
- Export Drawings
- Print Drawings
- Linking to Microsoft Word
- Saving as a Web Page
- Saving as other formats
- Collaboration and co-authoring (SharePoint or OneDrive required)
- One-Step data connectivity with Excel data
- Saving as File Format (.vsdx)
- Reads and Writes vssx, .vstx, .vsdm, .vssm, and .vstm formats
- Information Rights Management (IRM) protection for Visio files
Is this Visio Advanced Course for You?
Give us a call, our admin team will be delighted to assist in making sure you are on the correct course.